Countdown to Sat, Apr 23rd: Your Car Type Matters!
You’re probably wondering why I’ve dedicated a whole week to Logan Conover’s WHEN, NOT IF… campaign. He’s a passionate young 17-year-old student who hopes to get the world on board to reduce our CO2 emissions. With over a billion internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles on the road today, something has to give… So if you drive a gas guzzler, consider good alternatives.
Electric motors are far superior to internal combustion engines on several levels:
- Electric motors don’t have any emissions; ICE are the cause of 20% of our CO2 problems
- Electric motors don’t have moving parts: fewer repairs and maintenance!
- Electric motors can be powered by batteries or hydrogen
- Batteries have to be charged by power plants that use fossil fuels… (terrible)
- Batteries have toxic chemicals that cause problems at the end of life (terrible)
- Solar hydrogen is produced through electrolysis using sustainable sun power (great)
- Black hydrogen is produced using steam methane reformation (Oil companies) (terrible)
It’s time to rethink what kind of vehicles we drive and make smart choices. You can also take mass transit, ride your bike, walk, or carpool.
Remember, it’s just 2 days until WHEN, NOT IF’s… big day! Don’t drive your car on Saturday, April 23rd! Then, go to Logan’s website at www.WhenNotIf.org to log in your stats. He’ll show how a grassroots effort started by a teen, can make a difference. Join him in helping to ward off Climate Change!